Legal Enforcement Officer (Leasehold)
- £25.61 per hour
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 13-03-2018 04:43 PM
- Christina Sriramula
I am currently recruiting for a Legal Enforcement Officer to work with a council in South East London on a contract basis.
The post holder will be responsible for the legal enforcement of payment for homeownership - leasehold and freehold service charges.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing a case from the point of referral from the collections officer to conclusion which could be obtaining judgement in the county court
- managing and presenting the case at the First tier tribunal and/or the Upper tribunal where necessary.
- To handle a caseload and be responsible for the provision of high quality, responsive legal services to clients.
- Preparing and processing all legal documents, including agreements, deeds, notices, orders, consents, byelaws, relevant to the work of the Council and of Individual Departments:
- Negotiating and concluding contractual arrangements with Solicitors, Barristers, Valuers and Land Agents, and external agencies.
• A legal and / or leasehold management background.
• Law degree or equivalent qualification
• Experience of preparing court bundles
• Experience of presenting / attending court cases and / or tribunal hearings
Applicants MUST have experience in a similar role, ideally within the Local Authority or other Public-Sector organisation
Please apply online or contact Christina on 01732 455300 for further information.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)