Head of Programme Design – Public Sector Education and Care services
- £450 per day
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 13-04-2018 11:23 AM
- John Allen
I am currently recruiting for a Head of Programme Design to lead of the development and implementation of strategic programmes and projects in respect to education, care and health services – this role is a contract position on behalf of a local authority in South-East London.
- To lead on strategic programmes and projects in respect of education, care and health services for the Council.
- To identify, design, specify and commission services that meet statutory obligations and
follow best practice and which deliver sustainable services for the future.
- To apply best practice in the delivery of strategic change management projects through business process improvement to deliver innovative, efficient, effective and sustainable serviceS
- Act as lead for developing and managing the Council and CCG joint approach to the Better Care Fund. Manage joint commissioning programmes arising from the Better Care Fund.
- To lead on the management of the shared Section 75 agreement between LBB and BCCG - currently value approximately £50m.
- To manage the Section 106 grant agreement between LBB and BCCG ensuring that the CCG fulfils its responsibilities with regard to allocation of funding.
- To Represent the Council on the joint boards and on pan London and national groups with regard to Better Care fund and integration.
- Act as programme manager for specific change programmes across different client groups and provider types.
- To work with service Directors to identify and implement efficiency programmes.
- Lead on market development/ shaping in line with the statutory duty within the Care Act to ensure that the Council's commissioning approach is compliant with the legislation
- To directly line manage staff and other resources and budgets assigned to them as well as to provide effective matrix management to support transformation projects – including managing staff from other organisations in respect of joint programmes
- Manage budgets and other resources as required.
- To manage expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Proven ability to operate at a senior level in the organisation and when liaising with partners
- Proven ability to manage and lead on complex projects under pressure
- Good communication skills both oral and written to effectively disseminate information at all levels within the organisation
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, managing and prioritising workload and making decisions after exploring the options and considering the implications
- Proven project management skills to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to assess and evaluate risk
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels within the organisation and with the Council’s service providers
- Confidence to manage internal and external project participants ensuring projects are delivered to timescale and budget
- Proven ability to mentor and guide staff in the responsibilities of project roles
- Ability to add value through project management to social care projects
- Proven ability to produce and analyse financial data
- Understanding of financial systems used in Bromley
- Good understanding of Programme and Project Management Framework
- Knowledge of the range of issues pertaining to transforming education care and health serviceS
- Understanding of the key issues facing local government
- Understanding of the wider integration agenda with Health and other partners
- Knowledge of commissioning cycle and best practice in commissioning
- Experience of managing change programmes
- Previous commissioning experience
- Working within Education, Health or Social Care
Please do not hesitate to apply online or call John directly on 01732 455300 to discuss!
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)