Cost Manager - Infrastructure Project Controls
- £40000 - £49000 per annum
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- South East
- Central London
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 16-04-2018 04:02 PM
- John Allen
I am currently recruiting for an experienced cost manager to join a major infrastructure organisation in their Central London offices on a permanent basis.
You will be working with the Head of Project Control, supporting the management of the infrastructure delivery programme, playing a key part of a small team: this includes governance arrangements, process development and implementation, management of cost and change control activities, performance reporting and stakeholder engagement – assisting the delivery of the Hybrid Bill Directorate to achieve Royal Assent.
- Manage the overall hybrid Bill budget, ensure it remains in-line with associated financial KPIs;
- Manage the annual hybrid Bill quarterly budget re-forecasting exercise, provide robust comparative analysis and impacts on the original budget;
- Manage the cost inputs to the annual hybrid Bill business planning cycle; ensure resource requirements are captured to support future hybrid Bill business requirements;
- Assist in preparation and submission of monthly corporate performance reports for all programme costs to enable prompt decision-making, approvals and financial authorisations;
- Provide detailed and summary analysis on cost matters, including, but not limited to: root cause of variance against cost budgets and baselines; viability and variance of cost forecasts and corrective action recommendations;
- Monitor, review and report to the Hybrid Bill Head of Project Controls on the quality of cost proposals submitted for inclusion against baseline. Provide guidance and corrective actions to functional departmental staffs in order to improve quality of cost control information;
- Ensure costs of all approved programme changes are correctly attributed in PRISM and incorporated into, planned schedules of activity, costs models and estimates, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS);
- Represent hybrid Bill at monthly supplier programme Dashboard review meetings, monitoring supplier performance providing required level of challenge on actual and forecast costs;
- Support ongoing development and implementation of programme cost processes using PRISM change module and/or the Client Change Tool, ensure they are fit for purpose for current and future needs as the programme, directorates and component projects progress through the lifecycle;
- Provide user feedback and support ongoing development of requirements, design improvements, user testing, training and implementation of programme change module in PRISM and/or change management system Client Change Tool (CCT);
- Support hybrid Bill creating all Purchase Orders and providing the timely receipt all supplier invoices in Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Demonstrable track record of working in a project role;
- Demonstrable evidence of project controls reporting and analysis in a similar role;
- Proven track record of designing and maintaining Project Control related reports, for example Dashboards and contributing to wider corporate reporting;
- Strong practical organisational skills, able to ensure progress is maintained within project timelines and milestones are met;
- A track record of reviewing and recording detailed information quickly and accurately;
- Evidence of ability to deliver against tight deadlines;
- Provide meaningful guidance and support to colleagues in different disciplines;
- Track record of developing effective working relationships up to senior level;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to influence and communicate across all levels within an organisation and gain commitment against required project actions;
- High level of competency in using Microsoft Excel as an analytics tool; fluency in other Microsoft Office suite products (Word, PowerPoint, and ideally Access), along with familiarity of document management and cost management systems (ideally PRISM);
- Ability to analyse data and present as meaningful metrics;
- Draw on industry best practice in the development and maintenance of cost systems to ensure consistent best in class approaches and decision making across all directorates.
- Awareness of all aspects of cost management within a project lifecycle;
- An understanding of cost control principles and demonstrable experience of delivering project controls on a large scale programme/project;
- A good understanding of cost management tools and systems, including work breakdown, cost breakdown, and delivery structures and their impact and/or integration with change management
- Demonstrable experience undertaking administrative and strategic tasks simultaneously contributing to wider delivery;
- Proven track record of working on high profile, public sector or transport initiatives;
- Experience of working with internal cost and change management systems;
- Experience with project/programme management software packages.
Please do not hesitate to apply online or contact John directly on 01732 455300.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)