Principal Defence Engineer
- Civil Engineering & Structures
- Job Type:
- South West
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 08-02-2019 08:27 AM
- Resourcing Team
Purpose of role:
We are currently looking for a Senior Defence engineer to work for a global engineering consultancy on a major MOD defence contract based in Bristol.
You will have previous experience working on MOD contracts or in the defence sector ideally. Most desirable is an engineer who holds experience and knowledge of warship.
- Manage budgets, lead and motivate teams and make engineering decisions within their own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Carry out complex technical analyses and investigations.
- Prepare complex specifications and deliver packages of work as part of cross functional projects/investigations ensuring requirements are delivered according to plan.
- Liaise with customers and support the identification of future business opportunities. Have a good awareness of their own business strategy and legal regulatory obligations.
Key Technical Skills
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all aspects within engineering discipline of MOD equipment
- Able to perform robust analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Has enough breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
- Requirements for registration As Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body
01732 455 300
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)