Engineer- MOD- Product Configuation
- Negotiable + Benefits
- Civil Engineering & Structures
- Job Type:
- South West
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 08-02-2019 08:58 AM
- Resourcing Team
Co-ordinate and implement the Hunter Class Configuration through life Configuration and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, policies and supporting toolset. Assist in the development, deployment and ‘policing’ of configuration business rules commensurate with each lifecycle phase. Contribute in the co-ordination of product and process measurement, to ensure a fit for purpose solution and service is being delivered to the project team.
Take the lead in analysing local business process to develop procedures, Information Management Technology solutions (in the form of requirement specifications) & training that ensure the overall configuration of product information is maintained. In configuration management terms this includes involvement in Planning & Management, Identification & Breakdown, Change Control (in partnership with the Product Change Manager), Status Accounting, Verification & Audit, and preparation of Engineering Baselines – all within the bounds of the PLM system.
Key Technical Skills
- Have experience/knowledge of the key toolsets used across the project to implement Configuration/PLM particularly PTC’s Windchill, SENER’s FORAN and AVEVA ERM.
- Experienced in Configuration Management theory, discipline and delivery on complex product development programmes.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and demonstrates strong persuasive/negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of data and information management principles, including an ability to apply them pragmatically.
- Strong understanding of complex engineering product development lifecycles (Naval Ships preferred).
- Good understanding of enterprise IT systems and applications used to design, build and support large scale products / programmes
- Good understanding of the data generated for use by large scale programmes and the tools
- Understanding of the role of configuration management in business performance on modern IT-supported product development programmes.
- Honours degree in an engineering, scientific discipline or IT or equivalent (2:1 or above preferred)
- Equivalent technical backgrounds will always be considered if adequate competence can be evidenced.
- Configuration qualification such as CM11 would be advantageous.
01732 455 300
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)