Head of Systems- HS2
- £100500 - £137000 per annum, Benefits: + 20% benefits
- Job Type:
- United Kingdom
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 14-03-2019 10:40 AM
- Resourcing Team
We are currently searching for a Head of Systems to work for HS2 - High Speed Two, where they will lead and direct the railway systems design and integration and develop system level requirements.
The High Speed 2 project will connect London, Birmingham, the East Midlands, Leeds and Manchester, looking to open between 2026 and 2033. The trains will travel up to 400km/h and will cover 330 miles of Track.
As the Head of Systems, you will develop strategies and processes needed to support the delivery of the project, looking at railway systems procurement, commissioning processes and the assurance activities for technical validation. You will be expected to provide the engineering oversight and the guidance to delivery phases for system engineering. This position can be based in Birmingham or in London.
- Be accountable for the internal specifications covering the design and assuring construction of the end state railway o ensure it meets sponsors requirements
- Balance cost with the chole life cycle and business opportunity
- Develop and evaluate key design, strategy, engineering and environmental decisions to provide clear direction and leadership
- Lead high speed systems integration and high-speed contractors, ensuring integrated requirements
- Support the Director of Railway Systems in the delivery of the Railway Systems Contractors cross-system functionality
- Review Integration Risks ensure mitigation strategies are developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Work with Programme Management teams to ensure that HS2 project phases are delivered in accordance with technical and schedule requirements
- Define requirements for Systems Integration Facility, operating processes and procedures
- Provide a suite of System Architectures that demonstrate physical, logical, and procurement integration
- Definition and management of interface process and system design between Main Works Civil, Stations, Railway Systems, Rolling Stock and the Conventional Rail Network
- Undertake multi-disciplinary analysis of Contractors system designs to determine compliance with HS2 integration specifications and standards
- Review Contractors integration plans, integration reports and test procedures
- Provide technical advice and guidance concerning those aspects of system integration across HS2 including the provision of technical advice to the designers of the project, procurement and management of consultants.
- Chartered professional status, degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional status
- Engineering qualification at degree level or equivalent expertise
- Understanding of matrix organisations and programme delivery
- Understanding of railway system design integration and commissioning processes
- Financial insight to recognize opportunities and challenges with ability to realign teams and resources to deal with change
- Experience of the railway systems management of major infrastructure projects
- Has managed large scale budgets within a commercial railway systems construction environment
- Experience of substantiating and delivering value for money within a major project.
- Managed the engineering delivery of significant projects within the constraints of cost, time and quality.
- Has led and delivered on similar-sized multiple and complex construction projects
01732 455 300
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)