Project and Business Support Manager
- £28 - £30.80 per hour
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Home Counties
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 10-06-2021 10:03 AM
- Charlotte Coleman
I am currently recruiting for a Project and Business Support Manager to work with a Council in Watford on a contract basis.
The purpose of this post is to provide business support through effective financial and project management in line with the Council’s vision ‘working together to improve lives’.
You will be expected to work closely with senior stakeholders in providing direct delivery in the successful development and monitoring of key projects. Working closely with other senior business and service stakeholders, you will determine business benefits and priorities for allocated projects and actively plan, manage, monitor and communicate progress, address issues, identify and manage risks and have overall accountability and responsibility for completion of work streams/projects to time, budget and specification.
You will be expected to engage professionally at all levels of the Council and with partners whilst ensuring these projects are delivered in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
- Manage and support delivery of a range of projects across the organisation with agreed timescales and within budget
- Monitor, manage and report on all of the Community Protection revenue and capital budgets and other project budgets as appropriate
- Develop specification and tender related documents and manage the procurement process in line with Council policies and procedures
- Development of and/or adaptation of databases and other reporting arrangements to facilitate delivery of required activities and/or the general running of the service
- To undertake any duties within the function of Community and Environmental Services as required by the Heads of Service, such as recruitment and managing email folders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Qualified to PRINCE2 Practitioner level or other suitable professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management approaches and delivery methods
- Experience of project development, business planning and accessing different funding streams to support project delivery.
- Experience of tendering and procurement processes
- Experience of financial management
- Ability to be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High level of political and personal sensitivity
- Ability to use initiative, but recognise when risks or issues need escalation
- Experience of training, coaching and mentoring colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications, include Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent administrative, organisational and problem solving skills
Please do not hesitate to apply if you have the required skills and experience.
***RATE QUOTED IS UMBRELLA INSIDE IR35***
(Local Authority Team Manager - CertRP)
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)