Economic Development Officer
- £29.10 per hour
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 21-07-2021 04:30 PM
- Resourcing Team
I am currently recruiting for an Economic Development Officer to work with a Local London Authority on a contract basis.
The client is looking for someone to lead on:
- Increasing the Council's businesses’ digital skills in order to help them navigate the recovery period and reach new customers.
- Taking responsibility for wider recovery projects to support the Economic Growth Team as required; including but not limited to:
- Meet the Buyer events
- Re-establishing the Business Board
- Using data and intelligence to further the objectives of the team.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading on a wide range of work streams, projects, and policy initiatives designed to improve or support the Employment, Skills, and Enterprise service
- Providing high level support and advice on business, enterprise, and/or economic development matters to elected members and senior officers.
- Producing high quality information, analysis and research to inform and support policy, bids, and service development initatiaves related to business growth and economic development.
- Leading effective commissioning of services by drafting tender documents, developing quality assurance arrangements and monitoring performance.
Candidates will need:
- Keen interest in econcomic development or social policy.
- Understanding of unemployment and social exclusion in disadvantaged, multi-racial communities.
- Understanding of local authority roles and functions in relation to business.
- Understanding of the opportunities and challenges for business growth in an outer London context.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills and experience, please don't hesitate to apply!
01732 455 300
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)