Senior EHC Tribunals Officer
- £250 per day
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- South East
- East London
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 16-10-2020 12:23 PM
- Charlotte Coleman
I am currently recruiting for a Senior EHC (Tribunals) Officer to work with my client, an East London Council, on a contract basis.Job Purpose
- To provide professional advice to the Unit Manager in all matters relating to special educational needs, undertaking project work as required
- To work effectively with parents, schools and other partners to improve relationships with service users thereby increasing satisfaction and reducing appeals to SEN and Disability Tribunal
- To lead on preparation and presentation of the Local Authorities case in Appeals to SEN & Disability Tribunal
- To deputise for the EHC Unit Manager as required
- To provide high quality written and verbal briefings to the EHC Unit Manager, Head of Disability Service, and others
- To both construct and develop EHC Plans from approved assessments to achieve stated objectives and outcomes in relation to the needs of individuals, reflecting as closely as possible service users’ aspirations. To also provide quality checks of plans written within the service
- To work sensitively and proactively with families, ensuring that they receive appropriate information and are aware of their rights under appropriate legislation
- To provide advice and support to EHC Coordinators on complex casework to ensure assessments and EHC Plans are completed within statutory timescales
- To provide written briefs and oral representation to the SEN and other Panels
- To undertake assigned project tasks as and when required, ensuring that agreed outputs are delivered on time to the expected quality
- To establish and maintain effective systems for the collection and reporting of Information
- To identify where mediation would assist in resolving issues for families, leading as representative for the LA in such discussions
- To lead in responding to appeals to the SEN and Disability Tribunal
- To prepare case statements that are legally robust and which set out a cogent defence
- To develop the LA’s case through the process of the appeal by commissioning any supplementary evidence and supporting witnesses
- To maintain a professional engagement with the appellant and/or their advocate / representative
- To ensure that witnesses for the Local Authority are fully briefed in advance of hearings
- To ensure that the LA is represented in a professional and effective manner at all stages throughout the timeline of appeals
- To ensure that all legal deadlines are met throughout the timeline of appeals
- To report to the EHC Unit Manager on progress of appeals, risks associated with appeals and outcomes including Tribunal decisions
- To advise the LA through a clear analysis of cases where matters arising from the appeal process may lead to a review of the LA’s position
Applicants must be experience in EHC Tribunals and the accountabilities detailed above.
The rate quoted is umbrella, inside IR35.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you have the required skills/experience.
(Local Authority Team Manager - CertRP)
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)