Local Authority Divisional Accountant
- £300 per day
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 13-01-2021 11:29 AM
- Charlotte Coleman
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Local Authority Divisional Accountant to work on a contract basis with a London Council.
The post holder will provide professional management accounting services to add value to the financial service to the Division.
This will include:
- Providing expert analysis and advice to aid the strategic decision making process
- Promoting integration of revenue and capital planning and the service objectives of the departments and council
- Providing high quality information and professional financial advice to budget holders and senior officers
- Contributing towards achievement of corporate and departmental goals in terms of maintaining Investors in People accreditation, good management practice, meeting financial targets and promoting the professional image of the finance function
- Deputising for the Senior Finance Manager as required
- The management of other staff delivering the finance function
Depending on the specific role, divisional accountants will be responsible for the following (list not exhaustive):
- Provision of high quality information and professional financial advice to the council and senior officers. This may include:
- Interpreting and preparing briefing notes on new, current and proposed legislation or relevant accounting issues
- Responding to requests for information from members, officers, other organisations and the public.
- Preparing and providing input to government and other bodies’ statistical information requirements
- Providing training to staff as required
- Liaison with the external auditors on all appropriate issues.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the quality of financial monitoring and reporting, to enhance decision-making processes
- Advising on and devising ways in which financial management processes can be improved
- Working towards the integration of revenue and capital budget initiatives in line with service objectives
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the council’s overall regulatory framework
- Provide finance input for cabinet and other committee reports as required
- Provide professional input into the preparation of the council’s budget book, council tax leaflet and other publications, as appropriate
- Provide professional finance input and advice on presentation of options for the allocation of resources, including savings requirements
- Evaluating and reporting on the effect of statutory, economic and political developments which impact on resource levels
- Contributing to the development of the council’s SAP and other financial information systems
- CCAB qualified
- Extensive Local Authority Accountancy experience
- Extensive experience of:
- Financial Governance
- Financial Planning
- Financial Decision Making
- Financial Monitoring & Forecasting
- Financial Reporting
It is essential that applicants have the required skills and experience.
Rate quoted is umbrella, inside IR35.
Post will be home working.
(Local Authority Team Manager - CertRP)
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)