- £10.21 per hour
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Home Counties
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 18-02-2021 04:29 PM
- Charlotte Coleman
I am currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to work with a Council in East Sussex on a contract basis.
The post-holder will support and assist fee earners in the preparation and conduct of a full range of routine and complex case work and to provide support in relation to the provision of legal advice. They will provide a high quality legal service to client departments to enable them to implement decisions within the law and to protect the Council against prosecution and challenge.
- Various legal administrative work as required by Senior Legal staff
- Contribute effectively to the arrangement for providing legal, administrative and clerical support to the solicitors and other staff working within the Legal Services team
- To ensure that the Senior Solicitor or any other lawyers working within the department (where appropriate) are at all times adequately informed of matters being dealt with by the post-holder and to assist as required with arrangements for monitoring the progress of the work
- Act upon instructions to carry out the objectives of client departments, utilizing expertise and knowledge to full and lawful effect
- To advise client departments of legal and other consequences of proposed courses of action, so as to enable them to give or modify instructions effectively
- To undertake casework across a range of legal services as required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Either a legal qualification or relevant experience
Please note that legal experience is essential – this is not a general administration role.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you have the required skills.
(Local Authority Team Manager - CertRP)
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)