Environmental Control Officer
- £14.03 per hour
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Home Counties
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 07-04-2021 04:41 PM
- Resourcing Team
I am currently recruiting for an Environmental Control Officer to work with a Local Authority in Berkshire on a contract basis.
The client is looking for someone to provide technical and scientific support in carrying out all the functions of the Department on behalf of the Public Protection Partnership (PPP).
Main duties will include:
- Carrying out inspections of all types of premises, land and undertakings within the PPP remit.
- Responding to service requests and formal notifications in both an advisory capacity as well as by investigation, inspection, interviews and all other appropriate methods of information and evidence gathering.
- Assisting in the preparation of sampling schemes, the collection of samples, the recording of results and maintaining database
- Undertaking inspections and associated actions in response to licensing, authorisations, permits, registrations and similar activities.
- Actively contributing to the effectiveness of the service by team participation and the development of procedures and standards
Candidates will need:
- At least 5 years experience in similar role
- Experience of Uniform (idoc) and / or CIVICA Flare
- Specialist qualification at level 5 or above in related field e.g. acoustics, air pollution or public health, or equivalent experience
Candidates must also have experience of working with local authorities.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please don't hesitate to apply!
Reference ID: VR/37183JA
01732 455 300
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)