Procurement Advisor (Commissioning)
- £23.30 per hour
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 15-10-2020 03:51 PM
- Charlotte Coleman
I am currently recruiting for a Procurement Advisor to work with a London Local Authority on a contract basis, within their newly formed Commissioning Unit.
The purpose of the Commissioning Unit is to whose purpose is to lead and deliver the Council's approach to Outcome Based Commissioning, and to provide high quality support, advice and assurance for the rest of the Council to enable it to deliver its wider responsibilities.
As a Procurement Advisor you will be responsible for providing expert procurement advice, support and guidance to Commissioners within the Commissioning unit and also the wider organisation. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the organisation has the required controls in place to ensure that procurement activity is carried out in an open and transparent way in line with EU legislation and best practice.
Duties will include:
- Deliver advice and guidance in broad area of expertise to ensure customer needs are met
- Identify and implement improvements in own work area to deliver continuous service improvement and improved outcomes to customers
- Regularly communicate with internal customers to share information and build working relationships to support collaborative working
- Keep up to date with changes in relevant policy and legislation to ensure delivery in own work area is effective and complies with appropriate regulations/statutory guidance
- To be the Council’s lead for procurement best practice and innovative approaches to procurement, ensuring that procurement is seen as an enabler for the organisation
- To be responsible for the Council’s procurement guidance and templates, ensuring they are regularly updated to reflect changes in legislation and best practice
- To advise Commissioners on the tendering of contracts, including advice on internal governance, the regulatory framework, drafting specifications, tender documentation, pricing schedules, method statements
- To work with the Commissioning Support team to ensure that the Council’s e-tendering portal is developed to support commissioners and the wider organisation’s needs
- To lead on high value, complex procurement activity as required
- To carry out analysis of spend across the authority to identify opportunities for future procurement activity i.e. support local SMEs, align different contract, reduce off-contract spend
Applicants must be experienced in Local Authority/Public Sector Procurement/Commissioning.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you have the required skills/experience.
(Local Authority Team Manager - CertRP)
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)