Legal/Committee Support Officer (Local Authority)
- £15.23 - £16.17 per hour
- Local Government
- Job Type:
- Home Counties
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 15-10-2020 04:11 PM
- Charlotte Coleman
I am currently recruiting for a Committee Support Officer to work with the Legal Committee of a Local Authority, on a contract basis. Key Accountabilities:
- Day to day administration of Committee and Legal
- Day to day administration of Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Council
- Day to day administration of Committee and Legal web pages in consultation with the Principal Committee Manger and Principal Solicitors
- Producing and updating the Committee timetables and meetings in the month
- Production of the Members’ Information Bulletin for approval before publishing
- To provide day to day administrative support to the Leader of the Council
- To prepare ready for authorisation all purchase orders and invoices for the Committee and Legal teams.
- To organise the purchase of all stationery for the Committee and Legal teams
- To provide assistance with routine checks of Committee reports for Council meetings.
- To attend evening Council meetings in the absence of the Principal Committee Manager and Committee Manager
- To provide administrative support for Council meetings both before, during and after the meetings in the absence of the Principal Committee Manager and Committee Manager
- Day to day administration of Committee procedures and contact details for Councillors including the Councillor booklet
Applicants must have excellent administrative skills and experience of working in a political/local authority environment.
Please do not hesitate to apply.
(Local Authority Team Manager - CertRP)
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form & submit your CV then we will do the rest.
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)